Taxidermy Gone Wrong: The Funniest, Freakiest (and Outright Creepiest) Beastly Vignettes (Hardcover)
Discover the strange and hilariously horrifying world of taxidermy around the globe with this eccentric and darkly humor photographic collection.
From musical mice and basketball playing bengals to gun-toting rodents and lawnmowing moles, Taxidermy Gone Wrong is a wonderfully weird collection of curiosities that will amuse and astonish. Bringing together scenes nature never intended, this full-color volume showcases a wide range of bizarre creations on display and available for sale around the world. From a swearing squirrel in a London antiques shop to a murderous mouse serving arsenic in a New York storefront, no animal—or macabre tableau—is off-limits. Taxidermy Gone Wrong presents the very best—or perhaps the very worst—of these bizarre anthropomorphic reconstructions.
New on our blog!
- Queer happiness: Books that celebrate and affirm queerness
- Popular words that were invented by famous authors
- The fascinating inspirations behind some of your favorite novels
- Check out these phenomenal Black women in horror writing
- The former day jobs of famous writers
- Sylvia Plath: Interesting facts from the life of the 'Bell Jar' author
- “No business being a writer”: Snapshots from the rejection letters of now-bestsellers
- Where the titles of famous books originated
- Black joy: Books that center and celebrate Black lives
- The punctuation marks that renowned authors despised