Email or call for price.
Sorry, this book is unavailable.
Written by the 'father of corporate governance', this text is an authoritative guide to the frameworks of power that govern organizations. The third edition covers key developments since the financial crisis, including aggressive tax avoidance, executive pay, and whistle-blowing.
The book is divided into three clear parts that firstly outline the models and principles of governance, before analyzing corporate policy, codes, and practice. International case studies provide real-world examples and a chapter dedicated to global corporate governance illustrates regulation in such diverse regions as Brazil, Russia, the Middle East, and North Africa. This comparative perspective ensures students are able to evaluate the importance of culture in various attitudes to governance. In addition, self-test questions, with solutions provided at the end of the text, enable the reader to directly test their knowledge and assess their progress throughout.
This complete approach ensures students have a fundamental understanding of all aspects of corporate governance and its essential role in real-world business practice.
The textbook is accompanied by an Online Resource Centre, which includes:
- Use the author blog to gain insight into current events in the world of business, economics and finance. The blog is updated by OUP authors and subject experts Bob Tricker and Christine Mallin.
- Take your learning further with relevant web links to reliable online content related to each chapter.
- Get the most from the case studies in the book by using our additional case study resources to support your online research.
For registered lecturers
- Additional case studies of varying lengths can be used in class to generate discussion and debate.
- Teaching notes support both the case studies and the projects from the book.
- PowerPoint slides can be used as a basis for lecture presentations or as hand-outs in class.
- Suggested group exercises enable students to put their teamwork skills into practice.