This is book number 4 in the Introduction to Hebrew for Adults (Paperback) series.
Tav is for Torah leaves off where Bet is for B'reishit leaves off. This fourth book in the Hebrew for Adults series guides students to read, understand, and translate selections from the Torah. Each text is studied over the course of two chapters. Students examine multiple translations of the same text, so they gain an understanding of the nuances of translation and have an opportunity to translate the text themselves. The text is culled for new vocabulary, verb roots, and grammatical concepts that are clearly explained. The reading and translation exercises enhance students' learning, as do the optional enrichment sections, which include a wealth of Jewish knowledge, Torah commentary, and modern Hebrew poetry. Tav is for Torah will help students build the skills necessary for becoming active participants in Torah study, able to learn from both the English and the Hebrew of our central sacred text.
- Geared towards students who want to take their Hebrew learning to a deeper level
- A perfect complement to text study
- Format is clear and easy to follow
- Enhances knowledge of vocabulary and grammar
- Encourages ongoing Hebrew and text study
- Ideal for individual study or classroom settings
- Extensive glossary included
- Teacher's edition available