Spook Lights: Southern Gothic Horror (Paperback)
Usually ships in 7-10 days. Or you can try to purchase at bookshop.org/shop/nowherebookshop
Pull up a rocking chair and sit a spell. Soak in these tales of Southern Gothic horror: A witchdoctor's niece tells him a life-altering secret, an investigator who keeps a 100% confession rate.... These are stories where the setting itself becomes a character-fog laced cemeteries, sulfur rich marshes-housing creatures that defy understanding and where the grotesque and macabre are celebrated. The true horror is in what you can't see...until it's sitting right next to you. Eden Royce delivers a sultry and spicy dose of Southern Gothic. The stories are rich in flavor and clever in metaphor, the horrors completely surreal or-far more unnerving-all too possible. She brings a refreshing perspective to the table that paranormal lovers are sure to enjoy. -B.D. Bruns, author of The Gothic Shift You can feel the warm thick air, the rich history and legends, the desperation of the impoverished, and the deep horror of the betrayed. -Roma Gray, author of Gray Shadows Under a Harvest Moon.
New on our blog!
- Queer happiness: Books that celebrate and affirm queerness
- Popular words that were invented by famous authors
- The fascinating inspirations behind some of your favorite novels
- Check out these phenomenal Black women in horror writing
- The former day jobs of famous writers
- Sylvia Plath: Interesting facts from the life of the 'Bell Jar' author
- “No business being a writer”: Snapshots from the rejection letters of now-bestsellers
- Where the titles of famous books originated
- Black joy: Books that center and celebrate Black lives
- The punctuation marks that renowned authors despised