Spook Lights II: Southern Gothic Horror (Paperback)
Usually ships in 7-10 days. Or you can try to purchase at bookshop.org/shop/nowherebookshop
Y'all gather round for thirteen more tales of Southern Gothic horror: Boys find evil in their favorite sweet treat, a perfume shop that makes more than scents, a hurricane carries a mother's vengeance, a conjure woman lies dying, unable to name a successor... This is Gothic horror Southern style-shadowy rice fields, creatures that assume humanity at will-where even the most damaged and delicate have their power. Spook Lights II takes us again South with stories that are graceful in the telling, and beautifully edgy in their details. Humans and haints traverse historic land in search of magic and revenge, finding salvation and justice in unexpected ways; each tale unwinds magnificently in Royce's hands. -Linda D. Addison, award-winning author of "How to Recognize a Demon Has Become Your Friend.
New on our blog!
- Queer happiness: Books that celebrate and affirm queerness
- Popular words that were invented by famous authors
- The fascinating inspirations behind some of your favorite novels
- Check out these phenomenal Black women in horror writing
- The former day jobs of famous writers
- Sylvia Plath: Interesting facts from the life of the 'Bell Jar' author
- “No business being a writer”: Snapshots from the rejection letters of now-bestsellers
- Where the titles of famous books originated
- Black joy: Books that center and celebrate Black lives
- The punctuation marks that renowned authors despised