Email or call for price.
Usually ships in 7-10 days. Or you can try to purchase at http://www.bookshop.org/shop/nowherebookshop
Legal Research and Writing for Paralegals emphasizes the skills and issues that paralegals encounter in practice. Thoroughly up-to-date, the Ninth Edition continues to combine clear text with visual aids, writing samples, tips, and pointers. Designed specifically for paralegal students, Deborah Bouchoux's classroom-tested approach teaches cutting-edge research skills, writing style, and proper citation form--to equip students with an essential skill set and well-founded confidence.
The author's logical and comprehensive approach enhances students' understanding. Part I covers Primary Authorities, Part II discusses Secondary Authorities, and Part III covers the basics of Legal Writing. In addition, Bouchoux integrates writing strategies into each research chapter to demonstrate the link between the two processes. Thorough coverage of electronic research includes chapters on both internet research and fee-based services. Bouchoux thoroughly explains proper citation form and the process of updating/validating legal authorities. The Legal Writing section includes samples of legal writing, such as letters, a court brief, and a legal memorandum.
New to the Ninth Edition:
- New "Sidebar" feature in all research chapters that provides quick tips showing how the material in that chapter applies to computer-assisted legal research systems, such as Lexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law.
- Discussion of GovInfo, which provides free public access to official and authenticated publications from all three branches of the federal government.
- Coverage of new tools used for cite-checking, including EVA and Bestlaw.
- Discussion of Westlaw Edge, Westlaw's new research platform.
- Extensive new coverage of the increasing use of artificial intelligence in legal research and writing.
- Discussion of new sources that provide free public access to the law, including Harvard's Caselaw Access Project and CourtListener.
- New sections on preparing email letters and email memoranda, including assignments.
- All new Research Questions and Internet Legal Research Assignments have been included for each chapter.
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Pedagogy designed to enhance the accessibility of the material, including helpful charts and diagrams that synthesize complex topics, Practice Tips offering realistic and helpful suggestions for workplace success, and Ethics Alerts in every chapter.
- Targeted and ample exercises help students learn how to use a wide range of research sources.
- Charts and practice tips, updated for this edition, that help students apply what they have learned.
- Tips on how to effectively use electronic resources are included throughout the text.
- Conscientious revision ensures that the book has the most up-to-date material, presented in a readable and accessible format.