The Necronomnomnom: Recipes and Rites from the Lore of H. P. Lovecraft (Hardcover)
A Lovecraft-inspired cookbook with recipes to whet your appetite and threaten your sanity
Reading about the slime- covered, non- Euclidean ruins of the sunken city of R’lyeh or the squamous, tentacled deity who slumbers there would make anyone hungry. Starting with the puns and working from there, authors Mike Slater and Thomas Roache have summoned forth 50 funny, bizarre, and horrible dishes such as:
• The Deep Fried Deep One
• Nog Sothoth
• The Great Old Buns
• The Gin and Miskatonic
Like H. P. Lovecraft’s Necronomicon, the legendary and forbidden book of the dead that is “alien to all sane and balanced readers,” this cookbook contains many dark (but still delicious) secrets within its pages. The book comes infested with sanity- melting and mouth- watering illustrations, as well as annotations full of crazed discoveries and desperate warnings about the recipes that brave readers will undertake.
About the Author
Fans of Lovecraft for years, Mike Slater and Thomas Roache are the co-owners of Red Duke Games, a tabletop and card game company based in Pennsylvania.
New on our blog!
- Queer happiness: Books that celebrate and affirm queerness
- Popular words that were invented by famous authors
- The fascinating inspirations behind some of your favorite novels
- Check out these phenomenal Black women in horror writing
- The former day jobs of famous writers
- Sylvia Plath: Interesting facts from the life of the 'Bell Jar' author
- “No business being a writer”: Snapshots from the rejection letters of now-bestsellers
- Where the titles of famous books originated
- Black joy: Books that center and celebrate Black lives
- The punctuation marks that renowned authors despised