Available at wholesaler. We can order it for you.
(This book cannot be returned.)
Learning the art of mixing has never been easier.
For more than two decades, The Mixing Engineer's Handbook has been the best selling and most respected resource on the art of music mixing for seasoned professionals and enthusiastic beginners alike.
Today's home studio is just as powerful as any commercial studio, but it's the techniques that the top mixers use that separates their work from what most musicians, songwriters, producers or artists can produce without that knowledge.
In this fully updated 5th edition of the Handbook, you'll find all the proven fundamental and advanced techniques that the pros use to help you take your music to another level.
Guaranteed to help you get a great mix regardless of your gear, playback environment or the kind of music you work on, you'll find your mixing chops getting better with each chapter.
Here are just a few things you'll learn:
- The mix balance technique that sets levels so fast on even the most complicated mix that you won't believe it
- The EQ techniques of the pros that will both separate your tracks and provide the utmost in clarity
- The "Magic Frequencies" that make every mix element sing
- The secret to processing and enhancing loops, samples and virtual instruments so they leap out a mix
- The way to set up a master mix buss to add more power and polish to your mix
- The secret to pitch correcting vocals so they sound so natural that you'll never know they're pitch corrected
- Drum replacement and enhancement techniques for instant great sounding kick and snare
- The ultimate punchy drums secret that gives you the right compressor settings every time
- The best way to use automation and sidechaining, the secret sauce behind modern mixes
- The secret to clean sibilance-free vocals that sit perfectly in the mix without sounding shrill or strident
- The editing tricks of the pros that include track cleanup, adjusting track timing, and the secret to smooth endings
- Easy-to-grasp methods for adding effects like reverb and delay that always work in any track
- And so much more
Brand new additions to the 5th edition include:
- Three new mix build techniques for better balances and faster mixes
- A new method for setting compressors to breathe with the pulse of the song for more punchy and powerful mixes
- A look at the latest intelligent processor plugins designed to make the difficult tasks of mixing far easier
- Editing techniques with playlists in mind to make your mixes more streaming-ready
- A totally new chapter on immersive audio, including a primer for mixing in Dolby Atmos
- Busting the myths to using LUFS for mixing music
- Techniques for self-mastering your music
- Headphone mixing and room calibration technology tips, and even more
The book still contains one of its best-loved features from previous versions - 18 interviews with some of the music industry's most successful and celebrated audio mixers from all different music genres. The new edition contains four brand new interviews with some of the industry's biggest hit makers, along with access to a bonus website with 13 additional interviews not found in the book.
Learn the art of mixing from start to finish by using the tips and techniques from the pros, with The Mixing Engineer's Handbook, 5th Edition.
Pick up your copy today by clicking the BUY NOW button on this page.