Curbside Pick-Up - How it Works
Hey, San Antonio!
We've been busy at the shop receiving lots of great books - old and new favorites - and we'd love nothing more than to flex our bookselling muscles and help you find your next read! So, beginning Tuesday, June 23rd, we will be offering curbside pick up of orders placed on our website.
Here's how it works:
Search for a book using the search bar at the top of this page (or, if you'd like us to make some recommendations, check out these lists). When you find the book you're looking for you will see a few different availability statuses. Here's what they all mean:
- On Our Shelves Now - This book is sitting our our shelf and we should be able to have it ready for pickup by the next business day.
- Usually ships in 3-5 Days - The book is not currently in the store, but is in our warehouse and we'd be happy to bring it in for you.
- It's complicated. - The book may not be available but we will try to find it for you.
- Preorder Now! - This book is scheduled to be released in the future. Order now and we'll reserve a copy for you when it is published.
When you place your order, select Curbside Pick-Up as your shipping method. You will get an automatic notification that we have received your order. This does NOT mean that your order is ready for pick up. Just that we have received it. Once your order is ready for pick up, you will receive another email from us, letting you know it's time to come get your books!
When you arrive at the store, call us at 210-640-7260 and we will place your order on the table outside of our front door. Once we are safely back in the building, you can come get your order.
You can place orders at any time but we will only be available for curbside pick up Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Don't forget you can also order Nowhere Bookshop merchandise for pick up!
New on our blog!
- Queer happiness: Books that celebrate and affirm queerness
- Banned and burned: Restricted books throughout history
- Popular words that were invented by famous authors
- The fascinating inspirations behind some of your favorite novels
- Check out these phenomenal Black women in horror writing
- The former day jobs of famous writers
- Sylvia Plath: Interesting facts from the life of the 'Bell Jar' author
- “No business being a writer”: Snapshots from the rejection letters of now-bestsellers
- Where the titles of famous books originated
- Black joy: Books that center and celebrate Black lives